The next generation of IT entrepreneur’s have commenced their training with Integrity Business College as School Based Trainees.
The first two weeks in class were spent working on their job readiness and entering into the workforce. For many, the work-placement component of the traineeship is their first paid job.
Topics covered under the job ready program included:
- Personal goal setting
- Preparing for work
- Time management
- Applying for jobs
- Resumes and cover letters
- Social media and the effects
By week five, the trainees were getting their hands deep into computer hardware pulling apart and installing components as required.
Now entering into the middle of term two, the trainees are starting to get their grasp on the hardware and software requirements when setting up networks. Over the next 12 weeks, trainees will be:
- Evaluating characteristics of cloud computing solutions and services
- Installing and managing network protocols
- Configuring and administering a network operating system
- Providing network systems administration
- Identifying and resolving network problems
- Administering network peripherals