Elyshia Warwick and Mai Huong successfully completed their Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology course with Integrity Business College as school-based trainees. Both trainees undertook their work-placement within the IT Department at Caroline Chisholm Catholic College (CCCC).
Paolo De Guzman, ICT Client Services Team Leader, at CCCC says “having the two School Based IT Students has assisted immensely throughout the year.
As we had not participated in the program before initial discussions, we were uncertain of how it would work with our own students in regards to security and privacy in ICT.
After speaking with Integrity Business College of how the program worked successfully at other schools, we followed up with these schools to obtain their feedback and we decided to go ahead with the program and achieved fantastic results!
The students worked well, accomplishing the following tasks and removing some pressure from the schools ICT team. Tasks undertaken included:
- Unbox deliveries and assembles desktop PC’s
- Performed images process to 50 x Dell Desktops PC’s
- Customer service assistance at service window
- General Basic notebook repairs and trouble shooting
- Data entry into excel databases
- Office Tasks/ Maintenance including Photocopier Maintenance in the school
- Classroom projector maintenance
- Assistance in audiovisual equipment set up
- Other multiple tasks when required
Overall it was a fantastic experience for the school ICT team and has brought out significant confidence with the trainees in a workplace environment.
We are very happy to continue with the program to support other IT students in their career pathway” says Paolo.